IsoFix is an alternative method of securing your restraint to your vehicle.
- Your vehicle must have the Isofix connection points already manufactured
- A restraint can only have Isofix added at the point of manufacture.
- An IsoFix compatible seat can still be installed in a non-IsoFix vehicle or installed with the vehicle belt in an IsoFix vehicle.
- The top tether must still be used
- IsoFix can only be designed on restraint catering for the ages of 0-4 only.
Isofix compatible restraints are supplied with an additional pair of connectors (one on either side of the seat)
that then latch on to a dedicated anchorage bar built into your vehicle by the manufacturer, these are normally located in the seat bite of the outboard positions of your rear seat.
Depending on the vehicle manufacturer you may be able to see these or they may be indicated by a button on the vehicle cushioning.
Some older vehicles may have IsoFix anchorage points fitted, but they may not be clearly marker, if unsure check your vehicle owners manual or contact the vehicle manufacturer.
More detailed information regarding IsoFix can be found on ChildCarSeats.com.au 's FAQ page